• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

39 and 40 today for 79. 3 birds, nothing worse then a bogey. Cool but sunny and not much wind. Got my old distance back with the driver. On the last hole I used my "pre-surgery" swing and cranked a good one out right down the middle, about 250 measured with my GPS.

Last edited:
40/38 this morning for a 78. Won 25 cents!!! Really slow round. I was teaching school yesterday. I guess a couple of the guys didn't like playing in the cool morning temps so moved our tee time to 8:30. There was a get-together scheduled just before and our guys were told about it and offered to go in front. The two guys who chose to go later, neither one showed up this morning!! So, we were behind 5 foursomes of guys that included some who only played once this year. No place to go it a group would let us play through. Five groups to go through would have been a mess. So, we just took our time and stayed behind them. A 5-hour round when we're used to playing in 3!!!!! Really need my afternoon nap! Wake me in an hour or so.......

40/38 this morning for a 78. Won 25 cents!!! Really slow round. I was teaching school yesterday. I guess a couple of the guys didn't like playing in the cool morning temps so moved our tee time to 8:30. There was a get-together scheduled just before and our guys were told about it and offered to go in front. The two guys who chose to go later, neither one showed up this morning!! So, we were behind 5 foursomes of guys that included some who only played once this year. No place to go it a group would let us play through. Five groups to go through would have been a mess. So, we just took our time and stayed behind them. A 5-hour round when we're used to playing in 3!!!!! Really need my afternoon nap! Wake me in an hour or so.......
I didn't keep score today because I wanted to just concentrate on my "old" swing with the driver. Didn't get the results I was hoping for. Will try again tomorrow. One problem was they put us with two old guys (which isn't a bad thing but) that were really hacks. Totally sucked away my concentration (doesn't take much).

Not too good today. No birds and a couple doubles. 42 + 44 = 86. Played with some new guys so I keep meeting new people. One guy had a M2 driver and a full set of PXG irons, hybrids and 3-wood. He could have done just as well with Northwesterns from K-Mart. :D

42/37 for a 79. Still trying to figure out the GMax irons. Suddenly on hole 15, a thought hit... without sailing through this hollow head. Played lights out from there on in. Will see if I can replicate it tomorrow.

Not too good today. No birds and a couple doubles. 42 + 44 = 86. Played with some new guys so I keep meeting new people. One guy had a M2 driver and a full set of PXG irons, hybrids and 3-wood. He could have done just as well with Northwesterns from K-Mart. :D
Cha ching!!! Those PXGs ran up some coin!

Cha ching!!! Those PXGs ran up some coin!
My frequent partner these days. Mel, has a new Ping Pioneer bag (beautiful), a new set of Ping G irons (graphite shafts), Ping G hybrids and 3-wood and a new Ping G driver. Almost $3,000 worth. At least he plays somewhat decent with them.

I've always enjoyed seeing what is in bags. In our group, there are a couple sets of Callaway X-12's, some older Adams irons, etc. Probably the newest irons are a set of G30's. That guy plays well, but his driver is an old Cleveland HiBore. Hits the snot outta it. One still plays a Callaway Hawkeye driver. It's probably less than 400cc. We kid him about someday moving up to an "adult size" driver. One with an old set of X-12's has a 15 year old Golfsmith Snake Eyes driver. And, these guys all have fun playing this game. Ran into one of the guys and his wife at a football game a few days ago. Didn't realize it, but his granddaughter and ours are both on the cheer team. His wife said she has to tell him to shut up when he comes home and has to retell every joke... every comment... every shot... every lost ball... every score from the day's round. He's one that plays an old set of Adams irons, a G15 driver, and a putter he bought for $10 on sale at Academy Sports. To me... that's golf. Some of us will play newer or a little more expensive clubs... and have fun. Others will play relics that wouldn't bring folding money at a garage sale... and have fun. It's being out there playing with the 5 retired military guys who frequent our group and appreciating what they did in their "real life". It's out there enjoying the stories from a 78 year old former high school superintendent and seeing him shoot his age time after time after time. I LOVE this Game!!!!!

38/38 for a 76. I'll take that, since I could not make a putt. I've simply got to find a fix to my putting. Cannot see a line. I hit the putt exactly where I aim. Just cannot judge break or no break or how much break. As long as I've played these greens, should be able to putt them. Can't!!!!

45+44=89. Oh well. Everything okay except putting sucked. New sand wedge pops me right out near the pin.
I thought you had purchased some supercalisandelicious wedge a month or so ago. Did it not function as promised??

84 today with subsonic at Mountain View in Hedgesville, WV. BEAUTIFUL layout. Fast greens!
12250.jpg
12252.jpg

I rolled a 54/44 for a 98. Short game was :poop:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781