• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which used car?

Which one?

• Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S with CVT (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infiniti G35 Coupe 6sp MT (2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Id go with the Civic Si. Its going to be the most fuel-efficient and parts for it should be easy to come by. Not that you should need parts very often. It is a Honda, afterall.
Id also consider the Toyota Corolla XRS and Toyota Matrix XRS. Both of those should also give you decent performance (180 hp), good fuel economy and will be very reliable.
Id also consider a Ford Mustang. You can buy them fairly cheaply and you will have great performance with really quite good fuel economy (25 mpg for the GT and near 30 mpg for the V6).

But the REAL poll question should be what should be hanging from WBL's rearview mirror. We'll see how frisky I feel later today, unless someone else wants to be there first.

In pink, of course:
bbpink.jpg

Returning this thread from The Twilight Zone, I'm going to test drive a RSX Type S this afternoon, but I have to drive to Columbia to do it. :(

atbn0_google_com_images_ca4e108ff73dc33eb6bd39449032a343._.jpg I think I'm cyberstalking you today, Eracer. It's that, or start cooking for this dinner party tonight. Takeout, anyone?
Considering your the first woman to cyberstalk me here, I'm OK with it...:laugh:

Returning this thread from The Twilight Zone, I'm going to test drive a RSX Type S this afternoon, but I have to drive to Columbia to do it. :(
Leave your checkbook (and GF) at home. It only costs a couple hundred bucks to have it transported, should you decide you want it.

Those are all front-wheel drive. Calling a front-digger 'fun to drive' is like trying to play pool with a rope.

Please. Whatever you got rear wheel drive, my Prelude will dust it on the roads I drive to work and back. Mustang GT would get buried as I go 7700RPM's out of the corners. Rear wheels might be fun to burn tires or drag but as for actual daily driving conditions a FW is better. I've only felt torquesteer a few times cornering from 5mph. up to 35-40 before straightening the wheel out. Of course in a RWD you'd be sliding sideways putting that much HP to wheels at that speed.

I vote for the RSX as to pure drivability. If you want more horsepower/torque go for the 350Z/G35 but it's going to be a lot of fairly useless power that's just going to suck gas under "normal" driving conditions. Honda/Acura's are made to hit top HP at high RPM, like 7500. So they can be driven like any other 4cyl. till you want to go 40-110 in 3seconds, then you kick in the Vtec.

Please. Whatever you got rear wheel drive, my Prelude will dust it on the roads I drive to work and back. Mustang GT would get buried as I go 7700RPM's out of the corners. Rear wheels might be fun to burn tires or drag but as for actual daily driving conditions a FW is better. I've only felt torquesteer a few times cornering from 5mph. up to 35-40 before straightening the wheel out. Of course in a RWD you'd be sliding sideways putting that much HP to wheels at that speed.

I vote for the RSX as to pure drivability. If you want more horsepower/torque go for the 350Z/G35 but it's going to be a lot of fairly useless power that's just going to suck gas under "normal" driving conditions. Honda/Acura's are made to hit top HP at high RPM, like 7500. So they can be driven like any other 4cyl. till you want to go 40-110 in 3seconds, then you kick in the Vtec.
Prelude? :ugly25: Get real. Unless your Prelude has some pretty serious mods, even a V6 Mustang would leave it in the dust.
I love Japanese cars as much as anyone, but a Prelude??? Get real.

Prelude? :ugly25: Get real. Unless your Prelude has some pretty serious mods, even a V6 Mustang would leave it in the dust.
I love Japanese cars as much as anyone, but a Prelude??? Get real.

Yeah right. I'd take any american RWD car except a Corvette, with ease. You'd be sliding into the side of the mall parking garage trying to take that corner at 70mph. I go in at 5800 and come out at 7800. This ain't a drag race. I'm talking about driving on real roads through the city, on and off the highway.

V6 Mustang? How does less HP, way, way more weight and not even close to the handling going to be faster? What's the curb weight on a Mustang? I tried to look it up but couldn't find it... I'll bet it's close to 1000lbs. heavier than my car.

Considering your the first woman to cyberstalk me here, I'm OK with it...:laugh:

So, it didn't work out with Julie? You should have stuck with me when you had your chance. ;)

Hmmm... rereading your sentence--are you suggesting that other men have cyberstalked you? :p

So, it didn't work out with Julie? You should have stuck with me when you had your chance. ;)

Hmmm... rereading your sentence--are you suggesting that other men have cyberstalked you? :p
Julie broke my heart. Some of the guys here are all best buddies of mine...if you know what I mean....and I think you do.;)

So I might have missed it but what is this new fangled job you are moving to doc? BTW voted for the Civic cause I'm hoping you do it up with a 5" tip on your exhaust pipe, an assload of stickers, 20's and a 2000w Kmart stereo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?