• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which used car?

Which one?

• Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S with CVT (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infiniti G35 Coupe 6sp MT (2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I looked up some specs and found it interesting... RSX type S has 201HP at 2775 curb weight. My car is 200HP at 2900. So it should be fairly similar power/weight ratio.

The CivicSi looks pretty good too, 2945lbs. 197HP but it's way up at 7800, 8K redline.

Also I was surprised the Mustang GT is only 3540lbs., when I drove my boss's '07 it felt like a refrigerator on wheels, very bulky. Just like every other GT, spin the tires, throw you back with the low gearing and plenty of torque... OK, hit the brakes before you crash into something.

WRX Baby....!

He's looking for used... if your head has 50K on a WRX it's already on borrowed time. 270HP out of a 4cyl. doesn't come without a price.
icon12.gif

Turbos were the $hit when I was younger. I only had a Thunderbird turbo coupe. Every company had them though, from the 3.0 liter bad boys to the Mitsubishi 2.6 Starion turbo (that little fcker was a rocket). They came and went quickly though, all in about a span of 2-3years... about how long a head would last in one, lol.

My bud has a impreza that he dropped a wrx engine and suspension components into. Sick fricken ride.

Voted for the civic BTW.

Doc, I got your "other". Take a look at the Mazda RX-8. The "4door" is actually 2 little suicide doors that look cool, no handle on the outside. 1.3 liter rotary produces 238hp at 8500rpms with a 9K rpm redline. 6speed transmission and 3000lb. curb weight.

Doc, I got your "other". Take a look at the Mazda RX-8. The "4door" is actually 2 little suicide doors that look cool, no handle on the outside. 1.3 liter rotary produces 238hp at 8500rpms with a 9K rpm redline. 6speed transmission and 3000lb. curb weight.
Agreed... dont even look any further. top gear loves that car, check the episode out on youtube

Today was a bit of a disappointment: we drove to Columbia only to find that the RSX Type S had been sold yesterday. :( I did ask this morning, so I was bit pissed. While we were there, we test drove a Altima Coupe 2.5, which was way too soft riding and too plasticky inside.

The Altima Coupe 3.5 was a whole nuther beast, with the sport package, but now we are talking $$$$, and the same gas milage as a V6 Accord or G35.

Looked at a S2000. Way too little.

Next nearest RSX Type S was in Charlotte, where they were having a NASCAR race today. Did not want to go there today, so we drove back to Augusta to look at 350Zs.

350Z is off the list due to way too little storage room in back. Way overated, IMHO.

The dealership had a GT-R on the floor. :D Already sold. $86,000. :D Didn't ask to test drive it.

Also had a 2006 G35 Coupe, 6speed MT, leather interior, sunroof, all black. Now that is a car. 36000 miles, looks almost new, $24,000. Much more storage space inside than the Z. Only downside is the relatively poor milage. OMG, that's the best sounding V6 I have ever heard. Drool.

So... the RSX Type S is still leading the pack, but they are so damn hard to find. If I can ever test drive one, I'll know for sure if it's the one I want, otherwise I will probably go with a G35 Coupe.

That G35 is a great car. But what happened to the Honda? # 1 in the polls. Still the best choice, IMHO.

My problems with the Honda Si:

Hate that stupid rear wing.
Detest the intrument cluster. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen.
Don't like the seat material.

Found 2 black RSX Type S in NC, both at a decent price, and both Certified PreOwned. Just to far to drive this weekend for a test drive. I'll work on it some more next weekend.

My problems with the Honda Si:

Hate that stupid rear wing.
Detest the intrument cluster. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen.
Don't like the seat material.

Found 2 black RSX Type S in NC, both at a decent price, and both Certified PreOwned. Just to far to drive this weekend for a test drive. I'll work on it some more next weekend.

The instrument cluster is actually very intuitive. Looks weird when you first get in the car, but now I get pissed off when I have to look down at a normal instrument cluster. I get more information from the Si instrument cluster while keeping my eyes on the road comapred to a normal instrument cluster.

Test drove two Hondas tonight:

2009 Civic Si Coupe in black, 6 sp MT, about $22K. Loved the way this car handled. Drove like a little rocket and would be perfect except: the interior is all plastic and I still don't like the instrument cluster. Still, a great little pocket rocket. I guess I'm too old to fit the demographics.

2009 Accord Coupe, V6 with 5sp automatic. This version has the variable cylinder management that increases highway milage to 28mpg. Nice car, but $28K and it just didn't excite me. The MT version would probably be more fun, but same price and only 25mpg.

Man, I still want the Acura RSX Type S, but the going rate of $22K for a 3 year old car that originally sold for $24K is just rediculous, plus the nearest one is 175 miles away.

Or, a used G35 for $23K. I need to test drive one.....maybe tomorrow. There are both MT and AT versions available here in town, I just need to get over there.

The RSX has a bad reputation for alot of trouble. This coming straight from my brother who was the tranmission guy at Acura here in town. Food for thought, and odd considering it's basically a revved up Civic.

Have you driven the new Altima? Save some money over the G35.

Another car worth considering is the Mazda 6. Mazda makes great cars.

And, if you're in the area, drive the new Legacy B-SPec. It's sweet.

R35

I did test drive the new Altima Coupe. OK, but no better than the Accord.

I looked at Mazdas on the web, but they only make sedans, except for the RX8. Whose rotary engine seems to like sucking gasoline.

Me want coupe. :D

sssmokin's Mitsubishi Eclipse with the high output V-6 is absolutely the coolest car for the money. And the best "sounding" V-6 also IMHO. :)

So, is this a new hobby, or are you really planning on buying a car? :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427