• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

250ct Ti with Solutions shaft

zaphod

Reaction score
Purchased and assembled a Malltby 250 CT Ti with Solution 130 stiff Burgundy shaft.

Looks-- Black head with alignment marks remind me of the TM 320 head.
---I like the contrast of the burgundy color Graphics OK

Price--- Bought the head before 50% price drop:(
----shaft- Indacupgolf.com did me right on the shaft. Thanks for advice and deal

Went out today and played Lake Arrowhead -Pines (for you Wisconsin ST members) a slope of 127. Shot a reasonable 76 5 bogeys one bird. Slow first 9 so I hit 2 drives one with my G2 (47" NV75S 10*) and the 250CT 9.5* at 45+3'4". As expected the shorter driver found the fairway more often but also was LONGER. And I was hitting the PING well. The PING could keep up if I drew the ball but that can turn onto hook.

The Maltby head performance reminds me of the early BANG products.(Dark Matter 400cc and Mellow Yellow 420cc) When the ball is struck within the sweet spot the ball rockets off the face. Drives struck off the heel and toe suffered distance loss. The Ping looses in overall distance but wins in forgiveness. I average 255 with the Ping with a range of 245 to 270. The CT250, with today's round in mind, I expect 270 but my range was 235 to 290. Nice sound not too loud but solid. I had to tee it 1/4" higher to get correct trajectory. Means a long tee just in the ground, Overall I'm satisfied as long as I'm swinging well.

Now the Shaft. The Solutions 130 shaft is all it was said to be. The most remarkable characteristic was its consistent feel. Whether I was swinging my "accuracy" swing or I put the "pedal to the metal" the flex and feel remained the same. Nice smooth comfortable feedback. Trajectory was good with boring flight. With my PING its all carry. Multiple times I saw the 250CT drive land, bounce forward, and ROLL OUT. That was fun. Didn't find the drive BEHIND the ball mark. Very satisfied here. :)

Now I suppose I'm going to have to upgrade that Ping G2 shaft. Any ideas out there other than another Solutions shaft?

Again thanks to Indacup for the shaft and advice.

I might have to finally get one of these soon....

What adapter or shims did you use? The CT250 is a .350" bore hosel and the Solution is a .335" shaft (if I read all the specs right), right?

I'm thinking about this same combo... Pics would be nice :D

Good review. :thumbs up:

Dang! zaphod, you beat me to the punch!! :D I'm still waiting for my CT250 titanium with the BB Solutions 130 chrome ion regular flex shaft. How does the weight and feel of the club (not swinging) compare with the G2 (static weight)? And what swingweight did you end up with? (I know Lyle, it doesn't make as much difference as static weight but I still have to ask). :)

:)

WBL Didn't weigh the shaft but I can infer it. 321 grams total. Head 202 grams, grip 50 grams, tape, shim, epoxy, ferrule apprx 3 grams so leaves-----66 grams for shaft. Remember I'm at 45+3/4 inches. Swing weight at D6 but does not feel end heavy. Didn't bother backweighting the driver as it felt good there. Your set up if at 45" should be around a conventional D3-4, just guessing. Depends on grip weight etc.
Will be interested in your review!!!!!!

MGP I used a brass shim (can be purchased at any clubmaker's site). Clean the brass shim very well with a solvent such as acetone. Be sure to get epoxy on both sides of the shim otherwise straight forward installation.

I put shaft in spine tool and found a very slight spine. Probably not enough to affect play. The paint job is gorgeous. The depth of the paint is awesome.:):)

Post pictures. That's a will do. But first I must clean some paint off the toe of the driver head. I swung club in garage. I have 10' ceiling but also a ceiling fan. Oops. No major damage except to the golfer's ego.:idhitit::(

Great review...

Should you decide to reshaft the G2, remember the head is much lighter and will most likely require a few gms of weight to really get it to perform.

If you wanna try something different than the Solution, how about a Graman Limey shaft?

Those are very nice feeling shafts with an abundance of kick....if the color turns you off, we still have some of the limited edition chrome finish styles.

Also, if your son likes the LD-2 shaft, we can suit you up in the softer version LD-1 shaft.

Great review...

Should you decide to reshaft the G2, remember the head is much lighter and will most likely require a few gms of weight to really get it to perform.

If you wanna try something different than the Solution, how about a Graman Limey shaft?

Those are very nice feeling shafts with an abundance of kick....if the color turns you off, we still have some of the limited edition chrome finish styles.

Also, if your son likes the LD-2 shaft, we can suit you up in the softer version LD-1 shaft.

Hey Indacup ... just wondering whether you feel the Geek DCT and BB Solutions is a complimentary combo as my understanding of the DCT is a low launch less spin head and the Solutions is a mid fight shaft. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Dave

Yes, depending on your swing (and other variables) I think that's been a good combo for the right player...we've sold quite a few...a very GOOD looking duo, for sure!

Matter of fact, the manufacturer told me he has sold some of the shafts directly to Geek...so Steve must have liked what he saw also.

Yes, depending on your swing (and other variables) I think that's been a good combo for the right player...we've sold quite a few...a very GOOD looking duo, for sure!

Matter of fact, the manufacturer told me he has sold some of the shafts directly to Geek...so Steve must have liked what he saw also.

Mucho Gracias Indacup ... well my swing characteristics would be more of a hitter than a swinger .. SS averages 109 mph with a tempo of 1.23 secs and a fairly late hand release ...I just have something in the back of my mind that says I'm not getting as much from my driver as I should ..thanks again for taking the time .

I just have something in the back of my mind that says I'm not getting as much from my driver as I should

That's the best laugh I have had today. It's the 'Ho mantra..."Buy the swing!" :laugh:

Thanks for the suggestions. All those options you mentioned are on the table. Have tip weighted (to 202 grams) the Ping as you suggested. But also today put the Solutions 130 shaft with the Ping G2. Will play that for a while to settle out decision. Felt the forgiveness of the Ping head with the liveness of the Solutions shaft would make a good every day driver. Then put an extra ProLaunch Blue I had on the 250CT head out to 46+3/4". This will be my "ego" or scramble driver for now. Felt the lively head would be great here.

I will get that LD-2 build done as soon as I get driver back from him (he is at College now). Was thinking same thing about LD-1 shaft.

Indacup or Lyle can you compare forgiveness of GEEK FS2 to a Ping head or Maltby 250CT. I always have liked Steve Almo products but do not need loads of similar preforming heads.

Went out with the Ping and Solutions shaft combo. GREAT. Forgiving and reaching my distance potential. Average 270 off tee with 280 long and 250 short. My swing has been a bit lacking lately. Can't stretch out right calf due to planter's faciitis so my weight shift back is not great.

Anyway, trajectory is good and it ROLLS OUT.

The extra 10 grams tip weight for the Ping head really makes the shaft perform. Am very happy.:laugh:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520