• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Golf Spikes

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Okay, I think people in here before have said the Champ Scorpion Stingers were better then the Softspikes and I've had good luck with the Stingers. I still did not see them holding up longer then the Softspikes however.

I just bought a pair of Adidas Powerband shoes and they have their own spike design. My question is how are they compared to the other two mentioned in regard to function and holding up? And if not very good can you use Stingers in the Adidas shoes?

:)

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I like the Adidas spikes too. I've got a set with about 30 rounds on them and they are still almost like new. They grip well but seem to wear quite well too.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
I have several pairs op Addidas shoes that still have the original spikes in them. Most shoes are over a year old and the spikes seem to be in good shape still. While I like the grip the scorpions give, I have not been impressed with their wear when you walk a lot. As for the stingers fitting the addidas, just use a fast twist style and they will work in the addidas

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Soft Spikes is releasing a new spike in the Black Widow line that looks a lot like the Scorpion Stinger, they had them at the show but I did not get a free sample. :(

As far as wear goes, I should be receiving a new product called Cleatskins soon that will help with spike wear. I have some photos in the gallery of Cleatskins and will write up a bit more on them when I get a chance.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
So dissapointed, was expecting a poll:mad: gotta go with Champs though. And yes they'll fit in the addy's

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Champ Scorpions. Even when they're all worn, they still provide good stability.

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I am a Champ Scorpion person myself, but I may give the new Black Widow Tour a shot when they come out.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Champ Scorpions. Even when they're all worn, they still provide good stability.

R35
Don't know if you noticed. Ecco is now starting to use them in their shoes. Saved me a few bucks in not having to swap them out when I got my 2 new pairs.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Don't know if you noticed. Ecco is now starting to use them in their shoes. Saved me a few bucks in not having to swap them out when I got my 2 new pairs.

Ya, i see that. And, they've gone to the Q-lock. Every pair I've had to date has been small metal thread.

R35

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I have Stinger's I believe. They last all year for me as I wear golf shoes only for nice courses or important rounds. If I'm just playing golf I wear street shoes.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
The black widows suck, they wear out extremely fast.
Got to agree about the black widows, they are crap. I use the pulsars, and they seem to work very well and wear seems to be pretty good. I have a set of Q-lock scorpions around if someone wants em , I'll let go for like $7 shipped to you, just shoot me a pm. Everything I have uses fast twist.

junkyarddog

Oct 30, 2012
I can find "champ scorpions" spikes and "champ stingers" spikes, but I can't find "champ scorpion stinger" spikes? Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

can anyone help

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.