• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy New Years!!!

3Balls has the covert for $180, you can do better on Ebay. I have seen them as low as $107. Aren't you glad you didn't drop $300 this time last year for one? :D
I did drop $260 on a Razr Fit Xtreme though... Which I do like, especially with that 7m3 in it.

My goals this year are simple:

1. spend as much time as I can with my wife and daughter.
2. play more golf
3. get serious about my health and lose weight
I'll tell ya, as it concerns the weight, it takes breaking of habits. I drive a lot for work so I frequent gas stations all too much. For me it was as simple as not buying Doritos, a Nutty Bar, and a Dew just because I was there. Better yet, not making stops I didn't need to just to stuff my face with junk. The hardest is enduring until you actually see that first 5 come off. Once you realize it's really possible you get to where you're letting yourself down if you do snack for no reason.

I'll tell ya, as it concerns the weight, it takes breaking of habits. I drive a lot for work so I frequent gas stations all too much. For me it was as simple as not buying Doritos, a Nutty Bar, and a Dew just because I was there. Better yet, not making stops I didn't need to just to stuff my face with junk. The hardest is enduring until you actually see that first 5 come off. Once you realize it's really possible you get to where you're letting yourself down if you do snack for no reason.
My issue is late night snacks. I am trying hard not to hit the fridge/cupboard after dinner. He'll if I can quit smoking cold turkey I should be able to lay off the chips and ice cream!

Happy New Years guys!!! I've enjoyed getting to know you guys over the last couple of months.

My goals:

1. Play more golf this year than I did in 2013.
2. Get my cap down to single digits. Currently at 12.
3. Get back down to my fighting weight. Currently down 45lbs but still have a bit to go.
4. Sell our house, we outgrew it the day we moved in 7 years ago and with my little family expanding in May it's time for a bigger place.
5. Cut down on my beer intake (well maybe/maybe not) lol

Looking forward to a happy and prosperous 2014!!!

Jim, I'll probably create a new thread about this but I heartily recommend the Jawbone Up. It really gets a person moving, tracks sleep, can be used as a good diary and so much more. Worth every cent and because it keeps you aware it'll keep a person falling back into bad habits once the weight is gone.

Jim, I'll probably create a new thread about this but I heartily recommend the Jawbone Up. It really gets a person moving, tracks sleep, can be used as a good diary and so much more. Worth every cent and because it keeps you aware it'll keep a person falling back into bad habits once the weight is gone.
I'm curious what this is, tell me more!

Word, one of the best uses of smart phones is tracking fitness. Since they're always with you, there's no excuse.

I have map my run so or tracks when I walk how far, calories burned etc. I had a calorie tracker too but it got annoying entering what I ate all the time.

I have map my run so or tracks when I walk how far, calories burned etc. I had a calorie tracker too but it got annoying entering what I ate all the time.
I use myfitnesspal, a little tedious at times but definitely helps. The jawbone up looks pretty cool though.

I use myfitnesspal, a little tedious at times but definitely helps. The jawbone up looks pretty cool though.
My fitness pal, that's the one I was using too. It's amazing when you start tracking calories and serving size, how little an actual serving is and how easy it is to over eat!

My fitness pal, that's the one I was using too. It's amazing when you start tracking calories and serving size, how little an actual serving is and how easy it is to over eat!
For sure! I like the barcode scan feature. Makes it easy.

Nothing earth shattering for me. Cut back on coffee, cut out sweets and sodas, cut back on the adult beverages, and just try to eat a little better (lower carb intake, etc.). Get to the health club more often, get out on the bike more often as well. Shoot a 75 this year (shot 78 3 times last year). Join a club, establish a USGA handicap and play in the city amateur.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520