• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Osama is dead.

Agree with the general consensus of the thread. Moral victory for us, but nothings really changed besides putting a new name on top of the list...

Well, I'm glad he's gone. Whether or not it changes terrorism as a whole- i doubt it.

As for the burial at sea, apparently it is in keeping with Muslim tradition that the burial take place within 24 hours of death and I have also seen reports that both Saudi Arabia ( where he was born) and Egypt were offered the body for burial and refused. They apparently didn't want his grave to be a destination for future terrorists as a sort of pilgrimage. So, if this is true we showed him a level of respect that he didn't show the ones he helped kill.

Like it or not, he was the face of terrorism in this world we live in. No doubt others will rise to take his place but for now it's nice to know he's no longer here.

So I wonder if he was met with 72 virgins or Virginians?

Will attempt to walk that fine line, in hopes Sling allows rational discussion... and celebration... to stay on the forum.
Plan on calling the son, who is stationed at the Pentagon, this evening... knowing that if he really knows anything beyond what has been released to the press he won't be able to tell me anyway.
Some discussion as to whether OBL should have been off'd or captured and brought back. The course that was charted... a hit... was the only way to put this to rest and allow Americans to celebrate the demise of one of the world's vileist beings. Had he been captured and kept overseas, he would have been held up as a hero. Had he been captured and brought here, the politicizing of the prosecution process would have been an embarrassement to the American people. Today, he's history. Today, he's fish food. Today, we even further appreciate the brave who so professionally defend the freedoms we enjoy. Are we "safer", today than yesterday? Of course not! Terrorism will remain prevelant in the global culture whether in the name of religion or politics or for the sake of monetary enhancement. We cannot and will not let down our viligence.

As we come together chanting "U S A"... as we gather more proudly and sing the Star Spangled Banner or God Bless America... we will continue to need to pray for the brave sons and daughters and mothers and fathers who serve in our defense. Without them, one of those who was responsible for the death of thousands of innocent Americans would still be living in a mansion in Pakistan. Instead, he and his 72 virgins are in pieces, moving through the digestive tracts of a few sharks and other sea predators. Good riddance!!

ETA: Beyond that, there is a huge difference between me celebrating justice being brought to a criminal who willingly and gleefully planned the deaths of thousands, and their celebrating the deaths of thousands of innocent lives lost.
Amen to that. Maybe it took 10 years to get him.................but justice was served. And I'll dance in the streets, in my house, and anywhere else I please to celebrate death to a terrorist.

Honestly this is about how I figured it would happen. We haven't heard much about him in awhile. I didn't expect much fanfare or a trial, I figured tha one day it would just be released that we had him and he was dead. My hope was that when we released the info we would have had him for a time and maybe been able timber some useful info out if him- that may be unrealistic but whatever.

There us a part of me that wished that we caught him alive and could have put him on a stake in Times Square for all to see and laugh at, in the end though that would have done more harm than good. A bullet to the head or bomb on his hutt works just fine

Amen to that. Maybe it took 10 years to get him.................but justice was served. And I'll dance in the streets, in my house, and anywhere else I please to celebrate death to a terrorist.

If he died of kidney failure, would the celebration be any more or less just? (Rumours were that he was suffering from bad kidneys and was almost always on dialysis anyways.)

I'm not sure how an attack like this and his killing was "justice". It brought none of who have perished from his planning or our response back from their graves. He's just another casualty in a series of senseless acts. On both sides.

Had the US gone in and levelled an Afghani city after the towers fell, I would have been more happy with that reaction from the West than the dog and pony show that's hobbled it's way around that area of the world. This "cutting the head of the snake" is just another smoke and mirrors attempt to save face over the Afghani war. In the big scheme of things, his death means nothing.

R35

If he died of kidney failure, would the celebration be any more or less just? (Rumours were that he was suffering from bad kidneys and was almost always on dialysis anyways.)

I'm not sure how an attack like this and his killing was "justice". It brought none of who have perished from his planning or our response back from their graves. He's just another casualty in a series of senseless acts. On both sides.

Had the US gone in and levelled an Afghani city after the towers fell, I would have been more happy with that reaction from the West than the dog and pony show that's hobbled it's way around that area of the world. This "cutting the head of the snake" is just another smoke and mirrors attempt to save face over the Afghani war. In the big scheme of things, his death means nothing.

R35

Human(i don't care which one) makes the plans to kill your loved one. A martyr executes the plan. Human takes responsibility publicly for the act.

Should no one be held responsible for your loved ones death?

Because that's essentially what you're getting at here. Since nothing is going to bring back your loved one, nothing should be done, since it's just another 'senseless act'?

Is that your stance? If it is, i respect that, but i highly doubt you would let a crime against your loved one go so easily.

Is that your stance? If it is, i respect that, but i highly doubt you would let a crime against your loved one go so easily.

I would rather have the chance at seeing him before a court and have him suffer the consequences instead of getting off so easy. Anyone can shoot another man, that's easy and brainless.

R35

Rumor was he was dead when they got there. He apparently died of boredom watching the GSP/jake shields fight saturday night.

I find that giving him the Islamic Honors for his burial was the best thing they could have done.

It is showing respect for him, even if he showed no respect back. This little aspect of benevolence makes the U.S. Government 100 times bigger than before, even if not many notice it. They are not only giving Osama the respect he deserved or not, they are giving the entire Muslim community the idea they aren't against them and they do respect their traditions, even if they are not agreed and even if they come from one of the people who damaged most the American people.

This just shows class and elegance in managing such a difficult situation, and its a day to feel proud about the Government you elected mates....

OH, and here's a joke I got today about this issue (if any of you finds it improper please delete it, and I'm sorry I didn't want to offend nobody).

Clinton knew about Osama, tried to kill him and failed
Bush knew about Osama, tried to kill him and failed
Obama knew about Osama, tried to kill him and succeed...

Teaching of the story...

If you need a man down...hire a Nigga

This just shows class and elegance in managing such a difficult situation, and its a day to feel proud about the Government you elected mates....

Yeah, this one thing will change my mind about the government. HAHA!!

OH, and here's a joke I got today about this issue (if any of you finds it improper please delete it, and I'm sorry I didn't want to offend nobody).

Clinton knew about Osama, tried to kill him and failed
Bush knew about Osama, tried to kill him and failed
Obama knew about Osama, tried to kill him and succeed...

Teaching of the story...

If you need a man down...hire a Nigga

This is so much funnier when you know Xam on a personal level. Nice, mate. Hahaha.

Osama's last Facebook Update....

acdn_www.i_am_bored.com_media_binladenfacebookup.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35