• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ozik questions

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
After a strange series of events, I have come to possess an Ozik Xcon 6 stiff flex. It has been heavily tipped, 1.5". Even so, I must try it out. It is a .350 tip, but I don't have any .350 fairway woods.

I don't care if being tipped that much has killed the feel of the shaft, it will still feel much better than the dynamic gold steel shaft that's in that driver right now.

If I put this in a driver, will it severely cut the spin? It is a low spin shaft, right? Plus the tipping will lower the flight and make the shaft feel much stiffer?

Lower flight, yes.

Stiffer feel, of course.

Lessen spin, considerably.

More suitable for a 3W? Of course.

But, who am I to talk...:D

R35

Do TEE have .350 tips? :(

How about geek DCT?

Do TEE have .350 tips? :(

How about geek DCT?

Nope, both .335.

Launcher steel is .350, Taylor Made Rescue Fairway is .350....you can find the odd one here and there. Any .370hybrid should work with that thing too.

R35

Launcher will be the way to go then I believe. Match my Launcher driver. ;)

Another damn thing I have to ho. :D

Another damn thing I have to ho. :D

Oh boo hoo! Wait until your married. The shoe is going to drop this Thursday, I'm afraid. I have three shafts coming for the same club. Explain that one to a non-golfer.

Oh boo hoo! Wait until your married. The shoe is going to drop this Thursday, I'm afraid. I have three shafts coming for the same club. Explain that one to a non-golfer.

Or try explaining why you have had 8 different hybrids in the last 3 months. The explanation that I was testing and trying to find one I like was not sufficient.

What are your potential cast-offs?

R35

Maltby's F-woods are .350

agolfworks.com_images_170_MA0116.jpg

A .350 tip can be sanded to play in a .335 head without any issues.

It seems like it would pose no problems, .0075 is such a small number. But I'd rather just get a .350 head, as I only have one 3 wood, I'd like a back up.

Thought I would add, I just pulled off a successful ho. The mailman just handed me my tour issue Rescue tp hybrid head. :D Very pretty.

Throw that thing into the hybrid. You need a shim, but that's simple.

R35

Is there such a thing as a .350 to .355T shim? I just stuck some shafts in there, the .355T is really loose, but a .370 doesn't fit. It's pretty light for a hybrid shaft. Lighter than the evo in my 3 wood.

You can use glass beads to shim that head. It makes up the difference on each side and centers the shaft enough.

R35

I use pre-beaded epoxy anyway. Good to go?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520