• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NFL baby!

You sure do. Pumpernickel looks seasoned. He was not phased in the least by the Bears D. With that being his first start... Smith, as well as the whole NFC West, really has something to be concerned about.
My one concern is that nobody has seen him much and how dies he do once defenses figure him out?

My one concern is that nobody has seen him much and how dies he do once defenses figure him out?
Ya know, if the 9'ers show as many looks as they did last night figuring him out wont be a factor. Gore has to be respected. Good timing and ball placement can't be figured out... he may just be a natural. You may be in luck. Look at that play to Crabtree... he went through 4 reads, bought time, and made it look routine. All his completions the Bears weren't even close.

Ya know, if the 9'ers show as many looks as they did last night figuring him out wont be a factor. Gore has to be respected. Good timing and ball placement can't be figured out... he may just be a natural. You may be in luck. Look at that play to Crabtree... he went through 4 reads, bought time, and made it look routine. All his completions the Bears weren't even close.
This is very true. From what they were saying last night he has a cannon for an arm and is fast! We may be in luck! The Bears looked lost and even though their offense is in rough shape their D is still decent!

This is very true. From what they were saying last night he has a cannon for an arm and is fast! We may be in luck! The Bears looked lost and even though their offense is in rough shape their D is still decent!
I, along with millions of others, probably couldn't believe what unfolded last night. I knew how to beat the Bears, but not how to own and manhandle them from the very first snap. Crazy man.

There is something the Bears-Niners game brought up again. When a rookie QB hits 32 points to one of the best defenses in the league thanks in part to its O-Line, you realize Alex Smith sucks even more than before and is the only pice keeping the Niners back from a SB win

There is something the Bears-Niners game brought up again. When a rookie QB hits 32 points to one of the best defenses in the league thanks in part to its O-Line, you realize Alex Smith sucks even more than before and is the only pice keeping the Niners back from a SB win

There is also something to be said about the difference between Mike Singletary and Jim Harbaugh when it comes to coaching Alex Smith.

I would tend to disagree, they threw the ball downfield more so yesterday than they normally do. Not sure why, I am pretty sure Alex Smith can make the throws so I don't know what it is. Maybe you're right and Smith can't be a starter in the league. FWIW though, he's competing 70% of his passes and has only 5 int's, 3 of them in one game against the Giants I believe.

Well, looks like Kaepernick will be starting thus Sunday. Reports out that he has taken most of the reps this week with the first team. Not sure if Smith has been cleared yet either.

Should be interesting!

The Cards are going to start the rookie Lindley on Sunday, Can you say 4-12 anybody?

The Cards are going to start the rookie Lindley on Sunday, Can you say 4-12 anybody?
4-12= high draft pick= Matt Barclay?

I hope they spend their first 5 picks onoffensive linemen. No, I don't want Barkley.

I hope they spend their first 5 picks onoffensive linemen. No, I don't want Barkley.
Don't blame you there, he was the only player I could think of being talked about as a top pick.

Asinine non call in that Texans/Lion game. What a stupid ass rule that the coach throws a challenge flag and ends up getting penalized 15 yds and the call somehow becomes unreviewable.

Asinine non call in that Texans/Lion game. What a stupid ass rule that the coach throws a challenge flag and ends up getting penalized 15 yds and the call somehow becomes unreviewable.
Agreed. I still don't understand what that was all about because I turned the game on after.

Agreed. I still don't understand what that was all about because I turned the game on after.

I read the so-called ruling online and it still makes no damn sense, it's almost as if the refs are making this $hit up as they go along.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520