• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NHL

Sorry dude, you seem like a hardcore fan. I dont think that Boston can win the East.Regarless of their awsome record...I dont even like the team at all,but Washington is going to be the team to watch.Mainly because thay DO have the two most talented forwards in the game in the Alexander's...Oh yes yes semin only has 75 points..only played 50-some games though.

Sorry dude, you seem like a hardcore fan. I dont think that Boston can win the East.Regarless of their awsome record...I dont even like the team at all,but Washington is going to be the team to watch.Mainly because thay DO have the two most talented forwards in the game in the Alexander's...Oh yes yes semin only has 75 points..only played 50-some games though.

You're right. If they get some solid goaltending they could go deep. As much as I loathe the Bruins, they are playing some great hockey right now

You really think Carey Price was sick in the last game? I think the kid was so rocky the past few games that they wanted to give him a night off with 2 wins. Hopefully it works and they get hot in the first round, otherwise I think they are done.

I'm very afraid for poor old Montreal..I'm A die hard Habs fan myself and if they remain in 7th they are toast.Sure its a sort of "hot" but not the one we will be looking for.haha

Btw the Caps locked up 2nd

Btw the Caps locked up 2nd
As a Caps fan, I hope that turns out to be the case, but the Devils are still only 2 pts back with 3 games to go. Although the Caps did lock up the division, so they will be at least the 3. They also have the Tie Breaker over the Devils, so the Devils would need to make up 3 points with what would appear to be a tougher schedule

You really think Carey Price was sick in the last game? I think the kid was so rocky the past few games that they wanted to give him a night off with 2 wins. Hopefully it works and they get hot in the first round, otherwise I think they are done.

Are you talking to me?

As far as the goaltending in my post above, I was referring to the Caps chances, with Theodore. My habs will probably sneak in, but I think without a puck moving defenseman their PP will be benign, which is where there offense has been coming from lately. I think that if they get in they will get beat up (literally) by the tougher teams above them

As a Caps fan, I hope that turns out to be the case, but the Devils are still only 2 pts back with 3 games to go. Although the Caps did lock up the division, so they will be at least the 3. They also have the Tie Breaker over the Devils, so the Devils would need to make up 3 points with what would appear to be a tougher schedule
You guys need to stay in 2nd and we need to take 4th!

Someone tell me (or post a link) how the playoffs go after the first round. Is there a bracket anywhere? I know all the teams aren't decided, and I know first round is 1 v 8, 2 v 7, etc., but I'm fuzzy on the rest.

Yes, this is my first year really following the playoffs.

I really wish my Flyers had a bit more in terms of goaltending going into the playoffs. I fear this is our missing piece.
I also agree with the poster above. Washington is the scariest team to play.

I really wish my Flyers had a bit more in terms of goaltending going into the playoffs. I fear this is our missing piece.
I also agree with the poster above. Washington is the scariest team to play.
Flyer fan, huh? Looks like we're at odds right now, Mister Lyle! And you've got the advantage: better record against us, and 1 game in hand.

VT, it was more a general comment. My whole family are pretty much Habs fans, except for my dad, who likes the Bruins. So, being a Leafs fan you can imagine what I have to hear on a daily basis. But I was more trying to get a discussion going on Carey Price with the Habs. He's been in his Holiday slump for almost 4 months now and all of a sudden after he gets 2 wins in a row, he's sick. I think they're just trying to give him some confidence back.

As far as Washington going far, I don't see it. 2nd round at most. They don't have the depth, I think. They only have Green, Semin and Ovechkin. Federov too, but he's only had 10 goals this season, 31 points total.

I think New Jersey has it, depth, goalie and experience. I was starting to lose hope after the 6 game losing streak but I think as soon as the first game of first round starts, they'll tighten up and be tough to beat.

Someone tell me (or post a link) how the playoffs go after the first round. Is there a bracket anywhere? I know all the teams aren't decided, and I know first round is 1 v 8, 2 v 7, etc., but I'm fuzzy on the rest.
They reseed after the first round with highest playing lowest, second highest playing second lowest.

woohoo! ...
flames.jpg

They reseed after the first round with highest playing lowest, second highest playing second lowest.
Reseed based on what, or are you saying their final position carries through (so Boston would have permanent home ice advantage during the Eastern playoffs)?

Reseed based on what, or are you saying their final position carries through (so Boston would have permanent home ice advantage during the Eastern playoffs)?
Final position from end of season carries through. So say Boston loses in the first round to the 8 seed and the 2,3,4 all win. Then the 2 would play the 8 and the 3 would play the 4 with the 2 and 3 having home ice. If the 1,2,6,4 won the 1 would play the 6 and the 2 would play the 4 with the 1 and 2 having home ice. The Stanley cup home ice goes to the team with the most points in the regular season. So if Boston would have home ice in the East for as long as they are in the playoffs and up to the Stanley Cup.

edit 1 - so for example, here is lasts years and in both the 1,2,6,5 won, so 1 played 6 and 2 played 5. Philly then beat Montreal Giving the Pengs home Ice in the eastern final and Detroit home ice in the Cup. Although Detroit would have had home ice anyways having won the Presidents' Trophy
NHL 2008 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS

MC,
I kinda like the same scenario in the East for this year. 6 beating 3, 6 beating 1, 2 beating 5 and 2 beating 6 to go to the Cup. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520