• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Counter Balanced Putter Idea...

All this time has gone by and I still hate counter balanced putters/clubs.

I recently drilled the butt cap of my oversized putter grip and popped a 1/2" x 3" clevis pin into the butt end of the putter. The pin weighed approximately 75gs.

That is pretty much my exact idea/plan. But I was thinking the pin was much more than 75g. How do you like it?

I'm loving it so far. It took some time to get used to for sure but it's really made my stroke much more smooth and I'm finding my distances are much more consistent and accurate. It's a quick and cheap way to test it out too.

I'm loving it so far. It took some time to get used to for sure but it's really made my stroke much more smooth and I'm finding my distances are much more consistent and accurate. It's a quick and cheap way to test it out too.

If you don't mind me picking your brain. What are the other specs of your putter?

I went to the store and putted the odyssey tank #7 Fang. I love the flat setup pad on the bottom. Its too damned heavy though. To swing smooth you have to take it back further to get the right tempo coming back through- or you will find yourself accelerating the hands trying to drag that heaviness and the face then opens up and you are cutting the line.

For my money I would drill port holes in the sole to relieve the weight. That flat bottom is awesome though. Really got me back to a square setup consistently.

I will weigh and measure tonight and let you know.

I look forward to hearing about it later. I really want to try this idea out, but have been getting mixed reviews to this point.

I look forward to hearing about it later. I really want to try this idea out, but have been getting mixed reviews to this point.
The beauty of this is that if you don't like it, you just remove the pin and there is no harm done.
When I did it, I used a razor knife to cut 3/4 the way around the grip cap and was able to pry it open to shove the pin in
I played with the semi-loose "flap" for a couple of trips to the putting green before gluing the grip closed

The beauty of this is that if you don't like it, you just remove the pin and there is no harm done.
When I did it, I used a razor knife to cut 3/4 the way around the grip cap and was able to pry it open to shove the pin in
I played with the semi-loose "flap" for a couple of trips to the putting green before gluing the grip closed

There will be a little bit more work than just that for my project, but a similar idea for sure. And for the $3 it cost for the pin it's way cheaper than a new club!

Getting closer and closer to completing this project. I'm hoping it goes well!!

After what seems like weeks of research I am finally make some headway on this idea. It was the hardest to find specifications on the putter. But now that I have the info in hand, I'm able to move forward, finally!!

If someone has different info they can correct me please! And I can make the needed modifications.
The stock GoLo head with the 10g weights is 385g
The shaft at a length of 37" weighs 150g
The grip I'm looking at is SS 17" belly grip at 85g

I have a clevis pin for butt end weight, but I'm not sure if the 75g is enough?? Any ideas??

I demand pics.
I don't understand why you need them, but here you go.

sexy+men+pant.jpg

aprofilestyling.com_pics_funny_man1.gif

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35