• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Peeps

racist.gif
I could easily .... never mind. :mad::devil::cool::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Throw another shrimp on the barbie ...

We had some Australians in our office last fall for meeting. I had to put a presentation together for our data acquisition methods and slipped in a picture into the presentation, mainly because I am a jerk.

BzXDZbKCEAEE3Z5.jpg

Anyways, this started a conversation about Australian sayings, and this one is a total farce according to my Aussie experts. They flat out do not say this. They did fill me in on a few other slang terms, many of which had the room in stitches.

As an aside, the lovely lady who was part of the group was a hard 10.

R35

We had some Australians in our office last fall for meeting. I had to put a presentation together for our data acquisition methods and slipped in a picture into the presentation, mainly because I am a jerk.

BzXDZbKCEAEE3Z5.jpg

Anyways, this started a conversation about Australian sayings, and this one is a total farce according to my Aussie experts. They flat out do not say this. They did fill me in on a few other slang terms, many of which had the room in stitches.

As an aside, the lovely lady who was part of the group was a hard 10.

R35

Yep, the "Shrimp on the barbie saying" was actually from an ad pitched to Americans to holiday in Australia. But it seemed to gather a life of its own. It's been quoted many times in US media and even by Hollywood (eg. Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301